Relative Velocity and
1) Imagine a car moving at 31 m/s 22° south of east. If it accelerated at 1.6 m/s2 due north for 2.0 seconds, what would be its displacement during the acceleration?
2) If you were running at 4.5 m/s 28° east of north, then accelerated at 0.95 m/s2 9.0° west of north for 1.5 seconds, what would be your final velocity?
3) You’re flying at 35 m/s 58° west of north. Find the acceleration needed to make you travel 55 m/s 18° east of north in 6.1 seconds.
4) A kangaroo is moving at 4.8 m/s 54° west of north with respect to a train. The ground is moving at 14 m/s 18° south of west with respect to the train. How fast is the kangaroo moving with respect to the ground?
5) A person walking across the deck of a boat is moving at 6.5 m/s 28° north of east with respect to the shore. The person is moving at 1.8 m/s 14° north of east with respect to the boat. How fast is the boat moving with respect to the shore?