1) Pull someone to the right with a force of 24 N. Someone else pulls him to the left with a force of 32 N. If the person being pulled has a mass of 75 kg what is his acceleration?
2) A 3.0 kg rock is sliding along the ice at 13 m/s, in a straight line, for 1.5 seconds. What is the net force on the rock?
3) Here’s another 1-D problem. An object is sliding along at 5.5 m/s. A 25 N force is applied, and after it has slid for 15 m, its new speed is 9.5 m/s. What is the mass of the object?
4) Now it’s time for 2-D problems. A 62 kg person experiences a net force of 45 N, 40.0° north of east, for 6.6 seconds. If he starts from rest, what is his displacement?
5) One day, an 8.5 kg object is sliding along at 20.0 m/s, 35° east of north. A 55 N force is applied, due north, for 3.0 seconds. Find the final velocity of the object.
6) A car is moving at 24 m/s, 25° east of north. The mass of the car is 1100 kg. A 1320 N force directed 30.0° north of east is applied for 3.5 seconds. Find the car’s final velocity.
7) An 80.0 kg person is sliding along frictionless ice at 14 m/s, 35° north of east, when he experiences a 192 N force, 65° north of east, for 4.1 seconds. Find his displacement after the 4.1 seconds.