1) You slow your car from 75 km/hr to 45 km/hr over a displacement of 88 m. Calculate your acceleration in m/s2.
2) What was the time, in seconds, needed for you to slow down in Question 1?
3) Using the acceleration from Question 1, what distance would be needed to bring your car to a stop from 75 km/hr?
4) You’re in a tall building. You lean out of a window, 75 m above the ground, and throw a rock upwards with an initial speed of 15 m/s. How much time will pass before the rock hits the ground?
5) A baseball pitcher throws a ball. The ball accelerates from 0.0 m/s to 44 m/s over a displacement of 3.5 m. Calculate the acceleration of the ball. Also, one g (the acceleration due to gravity) is 9.8 m/s2. How many g’s did the baseball experience?
6) A bowler rolls a bowling ball, and he hears it hit the pins 2.50 s after releasing it. The ball rolled down the alley, and the sound wave traveled back. Assuming it was rolling at a constant speed, how fast was the ball moving? The length of a bowling alley is 19.2 m, and the speed of sound is 340 m/s.
7) A friend of yours is running to catch a bus. She’s running at a constant speed of 4.5 m/s. When she is 6.0 m from the bus, it begins to drive off with a constant acceleration of 0.95 m/s2. How much time will it take her to catch the bus?